Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The End of Summer

Sort of like The Endless Summer, since it's always summer here, but actually time to go back to work.
So, what did I do for my Summer vacation?
I worked.
Since money is the root of all evil eBay, I had to work to supplement my meager income. Well, I only worked part time. With my brother.
I now brandish a handsome scar on the left side of my face thanks to a troublesome length of angle iron that fell from the sky. It compliments my chisled good looks.
My ride is a bit closer to it's finished stage with the addition of a Thomson seatpost. Yes, I got it on eBay, and I got it for cheap. Because my seat now mounts mid rails or abouts, I swear the ride is a bit more comfortable; that alone justifies (in my mind) the purchase price.
Venturing off to the Contemporary Museum, I literally saw space. Unfortunately, my visit coincided with an artist whose works show off space and the walls of the main gallery were bare. Luckily I went on free admission day so it would not be right to complain.
I actually made some art (my interpretation). I used some sheets of aluminum and formed them into large paper airplanes. I have more designs to test out.
Riding my bike payed off as I lowered my weight. It is not where I want it to be ( damn that evil scale) but I am close. It wiil be a challenge to keep it off; more of a challenge to get to where I want to be.
I went out and chalked the road before my brother did the Tinman Triathlon. I saw him for a whole ten seconds as he passed me going up the hill and passed me going back down. I got up at three in the morning to elude the police only to discover that there isn't that much to write on the road. I could only think of four things before I ran out of ideas. I didn't think my brother cared to see his name chalked on the road twenty times over twenty four miles.
Oh, and I did manage to read a book.
I did miss out on a few things I wanted to do:
I never got to go to the beach (although I pass by at least four times a week).
The garage roof did not get sealed.
The mailbox needs to be worked on or replaced.
I did not make it to the Bowfin Museum or Big Mo. You can add the aircraft museum on Ford Island to that list.
I did not manage to ride my bike out of Kailua. I could have easily done this, yet for some reason I kept forgetting.
As far as Summers go, it could have been better, could have been worse.
The main thing is that I have a job to go back to. Seeing everyone at work getting ready for the new semester is a pretty nice way for Summer to end.
Now if only I knew exactly what my job was, things would be copacetic.

No comments: