Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Early Edition

Boy.
I haven't been a very good blogger.
Well I've been really busy.
Okay, not really.
Laziness drills don't you know.
Anyways, I got away from the laziness drills long enough to get back to the old place and pick up this:



















An old drive train that I can't remember where it came from sans shifters.
Which I needed.
The shifters I mean.
I also forgot it was Biopace, which is okay since I've turned Biopace before and it's no biggy.
What I really needed was the cranks which are like 170mm.
It's sort of strange, on my road bikes I turn 170s and 175s, no problem.
On the new to me Flat Tire Earth Machine Two (FTEMT) for some odd reason it was fitted with 180mm cranks and lemme tell you, I can tell.
I just can't seem to get a good spin going and it feels like my knees are hitting my chest.
Well okay, my knees are hitting my chest if I crouch down on the bars.
Not that I ever crouch down on the bars.
So today is change the cranks day.
I also plan on hitting up the bicycle place to look for another rack bag.
Or maybe panniers.
I've also been fooling with this:



















The camera is not new, nor is the viewfinder mounted on top.
What is new is the 35mm lens.
The reason for the viewfinder on top is that the camera's viewfinder is only marked for a 50mm lens.
The viewfinder is adjustable for focal lengths of 35 to 135mm.
If you've been following along at home you, the reader, know that I picked up a Jupiter 12 35mm lens.
Well this is the Nikkor version: W Nikkor C 3.5cm f2.5
I gotta say, it's a nice looking lens.
Is it $250 nicer than the Jupiter?


















Probably not, but it is a Nikkor.
If you know what I mean.
So I've been fooling around with it, seeing what the wide angle is all about.
Well, 35mm is not that wide, as a matter of fact I can't really tell from the pictures.
Okay, sort of.
I mean I can sort of tell, but for the most part not really.
Then again, having that extra width is nice.
So much so that I'm thinking of going wider.
The bad thing is that these wider lenses are slower, forcing me to shoot faster film.
More on this later.
Okay, them cranks are calling me!

1 comment:

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
The sky view is superb! Well done, sir.
Have a Beautiful Day!!
Peace :)