Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Early Edition

So what's up with that bicycle track?
I've been watching them install that thing and I've had a few thoughts.
One more picture:
























It's on the left hand side of a one way road.
Reason is the buses use the right lane.
If you notice it's separated from the road by them parking bumper thingys making it a dedicated bicycle lane.
The parking meters are still there, how long I don't know, for there are still parking stalls on the outside of the parking bumper thingys.
Eventually they say, it will run in two directions; they need to install special bicycle traffic lights at the intersections.
The lane runs for oh, I'd say a couple three miles or so, from downtown to the university area.
Lot o'folks have voiced displeasure about it, but that's to be expected, I think it's a good thing.
More on the track later.
Anyways, after I took them pictures, instead of riding with the other folks I headed off to the beach.
I needed to clear a couple of cameras of film, film that's been sitting for a week or so:
























Some pinhole shots using my home-brew camera.
I was actually out searching for lunch, but I was sort of in a hurry cause I had to get back to school.
There were a couple of things happening like basketball and soccer.
Oh yeah, and a snack bar.
I had to bust out the ole Super Sonic:























Well okay I admit, I haven't been riding hard in a while and I'm not so super.
More like sub-sonic.
Or sub sub-sonic.
Well okay I'm really slow.
Make that slow-er.
I did manage to get back in time to catch some basketball:

























Boy's won their third in a row.
I also got to see the girls soccer win their first game:

















I was so pumped up I had to get back to the Flat Tire Command Center (FTCC) to do my own training.
World class laziness drills!
It felt good.

No comments: