Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Early Edition

I'm free!
I'm free!
Sing along!
You know, to the song by The Who:



Keith Moon is awesome!
Anyways, yesterday I got on the new to me bicycle and went out on the new cycle track:

























Funky picture!
I don't know what happened there as the road is actually green!
I'll do better today.
More on that later.
At the end of the track there is a sort of new bicycle place I wanted to check out.
I forgot to take pictures but it's a one man operation, sort of like the place I used to help out at.
They sell new bicycles but they also do used and they have some parts bins that you can search.
I scored this:



















Brand new looking flat bar with a nice bend for twennydollah!
I was so stoked I hurried off without the stuff I bought before I bought the handlebar:



















I was almost home when I realized I had left it behind and I had to ride back!
Into the wind.
Which is okay because I had a free ride back.
If you know what I mean.
Actually I just went out to test all the changes I made to the new bars, you know, the grips and shifters and stuff.
Instead I ended up tooling around for three or four miles.
I gotta say right here, I missed being on the bicycle.
I miss going nowhere and ending up back where I started.
I actually miss riding into the wind!
Okay, not really.
Riding into the wind I mean.
Having a bicycle really is freedom.
I started thinking of all the places I was gonna go now that the New Flat Tire Earth Machine (NFTEM) is up and running!
With new bars!
So I changed everything out in like ten minutes:



















Now I'm ready for some adventures!
Maybe.
Well I do need some mangos so I need to get into Chinatown this morning.
Stay tuned.

3 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Aahh..Freedom - the thing that most of us crave. Enjoy!

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
I am glad you got the new bars put on the new bike and enjoying the freedom - awesome!
BTW - I love the color of your cycle track!
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

limom said...

thanks guys!