Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Prep Time

Sitting in the library.
That's what I'm doing.
I'm usually here every other day same time, same place.
Out of the six periods of classes one period is designated a prep period for us teachers, meaning we are supposed to use this time to do whatever teachers do when we don't have kids in front of us.
I get in to school at about 6:30 every morning so I get my work done then so when my prep period comes along I usually hang out in the library.
It's air conditioned don't you know.
Some times I take care of the grading or make up lessons but mostly I read the newspaper or surf the webz.
I sit with my back to the wall so the librarian can't see what I'm doing.
They probably think I'm doing something school related right now.
Ahem.
Well actually I kinda am.
Yesterday I got this:



















I'm reading up on how to use this Aperture stuff.
I mean I've used it some since I got it but I don't usually alter my images all that much and I've found iPhoto more than enough.
I've hardly touched Photoshop but I do miss being able to add text to my images and making folks walk on water and all that.
When I ordered that book I didn't bother to check how many pages it was, I mean it's just a manual but oh my goodness that thing is like 480 pages long!
I mean seriously, my images better be looking like 3d holograms after I finish reading that tome.
I guess I got something to do doing my prep periods now.
I haven't even started on my Photoshop book yet.
Anyways I've been neglecting my blog lately and that makes me kinda sad so I'm trying to find some time to get to keeping you, the reader informed.
Besides, I really like making stuff up and exaggerating about my exploits.
Okay, not really.
About the exaggerating part.
So I figure I can take like twenty minutes or so of my prep period and use that as my blogging time!

























If you squint yer eyeballs you can see that I'm still using iPhoto, that's because I'm only on page 5 of the Aperture book.
The good part is I actually look like I'm working!
You know, doing photography related stuff!
Boy, why didn't I think of this earlier?
I mean I can be writing the blog and downloading photos and everyone will think I'm doing the teacher thing!

























That is as long as no one from school reads this blog.
If you know what I mean.

3 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

I have spent most of my life looking as if I was working whilst doing something completely different...so keep up the good work- or non work!!

-Trevor

rlove2bike said...

As quoted by Ovid...First appearance deceives many. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the post,
RL

limom said...

Trevor, you must share you secrets!

rlove2bike, I'll just keep up looking good at work.
Image and all that.
Don't you know.