Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Early Edition

Well hello.
How are you?
How have you been?
Haven't seen you in a while.
Me?
I've been busy.
No really.
Busy, busy, busy.
For one thing, I had one of my review thingys where one of the VPs comes and visits me in class.
While class is going.
Which means we(me and the VP) had a lot to talk about.
Forty five minutes worth of talk about.
No, nothing majorly bad or wrong, just some helpful suggestions.
Sort of helpful.
I mean.
I gotta say, running a classroom of twenty five or so teenage folks ain't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do.
For one thing, you gotta keep em busy, which may be the hardest thing in the world to do.
Keep em from goofing off, fooling with various electronic devices, and roaming the internets and playing online games and watching non teacher approved video.
I knew the job was dangerous when I took it.
Fred.
Actually things aren't that bad.
Actually not bad by my standards, but on the other hand I'm not being judged/graded by my standards.
If you know what I mean.
I like my classroom to be fairly loose, meaning folks can do just about anything they care to do, as long as it isn't bothering folks doing what they are supposed to do.
Anyways, to make a long story somewhat shorter, I was aware of some of my shortcomings in classroom management and I got called on them and now I gotta take care of them.
Boy.
This is like saying you ride a bicycle pretty well but you're really slow.
Hey wait!
Okay, I used to ride a bicycle and lemme tell you, I'm slowly mentally working my way back.
To riding a bicycle I mean.
I was even thinking of pumping up my tires!
Anyways, as far as classroom management goes, I've installed a few tweaks and we'll see how that goes in the coming weeks.
It sure seems like the year is just flying by!
I must be having fun.
I think.
In other news, I am a banana head again.
Okay, I guess that's not news.
Not new news anyways.
So I got this polarizing filter for my camera, and I showed you folks some images I took with it.
Well I got this new lens and I went a looking for another filter or some kind of step up thingy and I got to thinking about how well a polarizing lens works.
I mean the differences aren't that great right?
Is it really worth it?
Well it seems it works just like a regular polarizing filter meaning that you still have to turn it some to get the best results.
I swear I should learn how read directions.
Or something:









I mean I figured it's circular right?
You know, like in a circle?
Like all around?
Not like it's circular so you have to rotate it.
JRA, you can just shoot me right now cause I don't think I should even be holding a camera.
At least not one with manual controls.
Or one that needs filters.
Maybe I should just go back to making pots.
Which I need to do since I got this craft fair coming up next month.
Okay, lemme go and see how this filter thingy really works.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

If I had a nickle for every bananahead move I ever made with a camera, I could buy a lot of filters.

GreenComotion said...

The polarizer won't be a problem to you, once you decide you are the artist.

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_to_use_polarizing_filters/reduce_haze_deep_blue_sky.shtml

Happy Photographing!

Peace :)