Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Final

So what's the deal banana peel?
Well I got me this new lens and I gotta say, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing.
At 50mm, it's like 75mm in Nikon DX lingo, meaning I get a bit of extra length although I give up some field of view.
I had some images but they weren't good examples.  I'll try again later.
Then again, FOV wasn't really a concern.
I was more interested in a shallow depth of field, like really shallow.
How shallow?
Let's see:



























The first image was taken with my zoom at 18mm at f3.5.
The second with the new lens at f1.8.
That's a whopping difference in DOF!
That's also some fuzzy cactus!
How shallow is it?
Check this out:

















The center set of pokeys are in focus but the ones on the side aren't.
That's freakin shallow!
So shallow, you can get a circular blur thing going on the round pokey cactus:

















Okay that's a bit extreme, but I plan on using this lens for portrait photography, like in the olden days styles.
More on this later.
I gotta say, I miss the wider field of view, so I may be looking at a 35mm f1.8 later on.
I don't know if I'm quite ready to spend the big bucks on a wide angle lens.
Yet.
You know, this photography stuff can get insane fast and I don't know if I can hold on to my sanity.
If you know what I mean.
For now though, this new to me set up will be keeping me busy:






















I'm also hoping this lens will let the kids get a little more creative with their portraits and maybe some other projects.
We'll be exploring shutter speed and aperture next and I'm working on what their project will be.
Something diabolical, for sure.
Stay tuned.

1 comment:

remove object said...

We are added much functionality in this Remove object from photo and Remove BG from photo app like remover, clone stamp, background eraser, quick remover, transparent background cloth remover, and stamp cloner. You can also use this all function in one app that makes by SL Apps Lab team. You can easily to remove unwanted object from photo with this useful photo editing tool app.
remove object