Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Early Edition

Whoa!
Did I miss something?
Like all of last week?
Where did the time go?
Where did I go?
Where did go go?
I've been busy sleeping and stuff.
The stuff includes work and making prints.
Which turns out to be sort of time consuming.
The print making part I mean.
Okay, sleep is time consuming too but in a good way.
Huh?
The prints?
Oh yeah:





















These are all 5x7s.
Or so.
I'm still sort of having problems with the easels:



















You basically put the photo paper under those things and they help you frame the enlargements.
Sort of.
On the easel I was using, it has wonky borders so I need to try another one.
On the larger easel, you need to set your own borders and that's a lot of trial and error.
Mostly error.
In my case anyways.
The larger easel is for square format, in this case 8x8s which you can see there.
More:




























I'm really liking this sepia stuff although it's sort of nasty to work with.
It basically turns the silver in the prints to some kind of sulfide so the toner smells really bad.
You need to bleach the prints first in some kind of nasty bleacher bath that looks like it would take your skin off.
I like how it adds warmth to the image, a change from the coldness of noir et blanc.
It's still something of a challenge to choose which images work best:



























I'm trying to be objective when choosing the negative, but it's difficult not to be biased towards images that are timeless or look old.
The sepia tone alone begs for 'vintage.'
More on this later.
So anyways, I'm going to try and pick up the Bicycle With the Funny Name today, I mean that is if my laziness drills don't go into over time.
If you know what I mean.

1 comment:

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
The 5th and the 6th from the bottom are my favorites. They are all classy.
Good job guy!
Peace :)