Friday, January 23, 2015

Newfangledness

Finally!
Not in the sense like Finally! I did it and I'm happy, but it's more like Finally! I did it and well, I did it.
Entered the 21st century did I:



















In keeping with my penchant for all things vintage, it's a 5s.
The 6s made it look like I was happy to see someone.
If you know what I mean.
I don't know why I waited so long to upgrade my phone, my phone from the last decade.
Seriously, it's been that long.
Well okay, one of the reasons I never upgraded is that no one ever calls me.
Like I'll take maybe one call a month.
If I'm lucky and get a wrong number.
I don't text.
Texting, if you've been following along at home, is the lamest form of human communication ever invented.
It's like Morse Code without the code part.
I don't need a camera cause I have a camera with me all the time anyways.
I could go on, but let's look at why I did.
Upgrade I mean.
I was embarrassed.
My phone was so old, the kids looked at it and wondered what it was.
No way! where's the screen?
I gotta say, it surely felt strange going forwards in technology, especially since I spend so much time going backwards:

























My newest to me camera.
Which seems to be having trouble making pictures:

























Then again, it could be me.
More on this later.
Back to the new technology.
Actually this all started when I decided to treat myself to a new iPod.
I have one my bother gave me, the Shuffle, but I needed something larger and I was looking at the iPod Touch.
Then I thought well if I get that then I'll have to carry around two things and then I'll really look like I'm happy to see someone.
Then it's like the batteries in my phone aren't what they used to be and I've been having to charge it up quite a bit.
The thing is, that olden days battery still lasts longer than the newfangled battery.
Then again, I can't play songs on my old phone.
Anyways, I feel sort of sheepish about the whole thing.
Late adopter don't you know.
Nothing though, can compare to the feeling I got when I was selecting a ring tone for a phone that never rings.
Sort of like wearing different colored underwear.
If you know what I mean.

3 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Texting is completely lame. It lacks the depth of face to face communications and the clarity of voice. It's like CB radio plus good old BBS messaging. I only hope humans graduate from the TXT phase soon and learn to speak to each other again.

limom said...

the irony is that they're using a phone

Steve A said...

Texting is a good way to send photos. For communication, it lacks a lot.