Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Lessons Not Learned

You would think I would know better.
I mean I am a teacher
Of sorts.
More like a facilitator.
Whatever that is.
Anyways, new arrivals:



















I've been waffling on my next big camera purchase for a while.
I like all the cameras I have and use them, for the most part, on a regular basis.
The only camera I think/wonder about is a Leica.
I don't know why.
It's not the camera don't you know.
Well I've been posturing to get one but every time I get close I buy something else.
Like another Nikon S2.
Why?
I'll use it more.
At least that's what I'm telling myself.
For now.
I also got some newfangled film in, some cinema film.
Crazy film I call it.
For one thing, it doesn't act like regular film film, it has no latitude meaning you can only pretty much shoot it one way.
If you try and overexpose or underexpose well, it doesn't take too well:



















What it does do well is clouds!
Boy, I could shoot clouds all day using this film!
In fact, maybe I will!
Later.
I'm still working on dialing this film in speed and developing wise, but I think it's awesome.
So far.
Not an everyday film but something to use every once in a while, you know, to keep you honest.
Selfie:

















Wicked sharp!
More on this Eastman 5363 film later.

6 comments:

Steve A said...

OR, you can replace all those other cameras with a Fujifilm X100T...

John Romeo Alpha said...

Shoot clouds all day using this film. That's great stuff and you should keep doing it, please. I see a Leica in your very near future. The evilness will provide. Bid bid bid I say!

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
Hey - I love the reflection on the window in the last photo. Quite Nice!
Have a Beautiful Day!!
Peace :)

limom said...

SteveA, boy, I'm looking at them Fuji cameras. Maybe when the Xpro2 comes out.
The X100 has a lens equivalent of a 35mm and I'm a 50 shooter. I may try it though.

JRA, clouds, clouds, clouds!

Chandra, thanks!

Steve A said...

I fear there will never be an Xpro2. More likely is an X-T2. I found it interesting that Trevor has an Xpro1.

limom said...

rumored xpro2 coming early this year