Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday Late Edition

Or Sunday Really Late Edition.
I have an excuse.
I was busy.
No really.
I went in to Waikiki early yesterday, like in the afternoon early, to try and catch the sunset.
Again.
Actually I usually miss the sunset as I rise from my laziness drills after the sun has already well, set.
Anyways, I go in early, like it's still daylight for I wanted to try something different.
Time lapse.
More on this later.
Of course I took some pictures on the way to the time lapse place:




















Waikiki is a different place during the day, the sidewalks not so congested as most folks are on the sand.
Beach volleyball:

















Other stuff:


















So anyways, I set about to do that time lapse thing which involved taking 213 images in like 35 minutes as the sun went slowly below the horizon.
Although I don't think I got the sun going down below the horizon but I got enough.
I think.
The camera was taking pictures at 6 second intervals for about 35 minutes.
I timed it wrong and had to reset after 30 minutes and it took me some time to figure out how to do the resetting.
I wanted to do a cloudy day, you know, so you can see the well, clouds.
Moving I mean.
Anyways, I'm still working on it; I got about half the images loaded up and it looks oaky.
I mean I made some mistakes like changing the exposure and having the waves in the frame.
First time don't you know.
I'll have it loaded up as soon as I'm done.
Stay tuned.

No comments: