Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Final

Some pics from when I went out with the kids.
I find that I don't have time to do my own thing; well I am supposed to be watching them.
It's a it difficult for they all want to do their own thing and once we get to where we're going I just sort of let them go and do whatever it is they do.
Here they are at the bottom of the shot, wasting good light:

















I learned that it's hopeless to offer any help, they're going to do it how they think it's supposed to be done which is a good thing.
Or not.
I still catch them doing crazy things like shooting at an insane ISO in bright daylight.
They still haven't really gotten the hang of the relationship between ISO, shutter and aperture yet.
I think.
Anyways:



















Okay, I did have time to peel off some shots.
I tend to have the kids figure out the camera stuff on their own.
I shoot Nikon and we have all Canons at school and I haven't even bothered to read the manuals so I couldn't help them if I wanted to.
Instead of learning the camera, they want the short cut: they just want me to tell them what's wrong.
Nosirreebob.
Not me.
Figure it out, I tell them.
I mean a camera is a camera but both the Nikons and Canons have their little quirks.
After this shoot, I think they are beginning to realize that the camera is pretty much useless unless you know how to use it.
If you know what I mean.
So anyways, back to the drawing board tomorrow as I have some new strategies to try out.
Stay tuned.

5 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

I'm sort of with the kids on this one, since I can't concentrate at the beach, either.

limom said...

I usually only concentrate on one thing...but nowadays I'm mostly at the beach at night...when there really isn't anything to concentrate on.

GreenComotion said...

Clouds are looking great, Limom!
Peace :)

Steve A said...

Except for the palm trees in the distance, the photos look a lot like Ocean Shores...

limom said...

Chandra, thanks!

Steve A. you know I've seen some pics from Scotland that look just like here too.