Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What's In the Bag, Panic!

Walking, walking, walking.
Walking, walking, walking.
That's what I do.
Walk all over the place.
Within reason.
My loop maxes out at about five or six miles, which isn't really that far, except I'm carrying this:



















Oh yeah, and my tripod.
I decided to clean out the bag, you know, to lighted up a bit cause sometimes it feels like I've got the kitchen sink in there.
I don't have the kitchen sink, but I did have three spoons.
I gotta say, carrying around three cameras sometimes isn't such a good idea as there are times when I don't use one or the other.
Or there are times when I cannot make up my mind which camera to use.
More on this later.
So anyways, I was a walking, walking, walking with my Rollei loaded up and took this:

























Which turned out pretty well I think but then I realize that I got some really slow film in there and like I just took a picture of the sun going down!
I was so busy with my other camera that I forgot about the film in this camera!
I need to shoot this roll like now!
More so because I want to use a faster film later.
So I start walking, walking, walking really fast, taking pictures of anything I think looks interesting:



























All the while calculating in my mind and with my eyeballs just how much shutter speed I got left.
Which wasn't very much as I took most of these at 1/10 of a second.
Thing is I got like four or five frames left and it's not like this film is super cheap and I don't really want to waste it but I really want to get it out of my camera:
The film I mean:



























No Parking barriers.
Weeds.
Whatever.
As you can see I finished the roll before I lost all light and I guess it turned out okay!
Wow! I should shoot in a panic more often!
So then I reload with the real night time film and all I got of that roll was this shot:

























It's shots like this that make me think about carrying around just one camera.
Every once in a while that Rollei will do something for me, make me look like a better photographer than I really am.
Having to carry just one camera around will make my back happy.
Of course, the boy scout in me will never let that happen.
If I decide the Rolleiflex is the only camera I need, I'll have to carry around two of them.
You know, one for the slow film, one for fast.
No need to panic.
If you know what I mean.

3 comments:

Andrew Cooper said...

Some nice pics there. I particularly like the one of the rope on the bollard. Black and white suits the sort of urban photography you do.

limom said...

thanks!

GreenComotion said...

Limom,
The reflections are phenomenal.
All photos are really, really (superfluous, but what the heck, I want to be, in this case) nice.

Bravo!

Peace :)