Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Early Edition

Hello.
Welcome to The Flat Tire Bicycle Museum.
All the bicycles here are in pristine condition, never been used.
Enjoy.
So anyways, you got all these pictures and what do you do with them?
Seems like a shame to keep them all stored and locked up on yer hard drive.
Like me.
Well that's about to change!
Seeing as how I only have like five pictures worth printing.
Okay, not really.
I might have six.
Pictures worth printing I mean.
Okay, so I got the printer thingy and I've sort of been a printing fiend.
Printing out them six pictures over and over and over.
I need me some frames!
Or do I?
I can get some cheapo 8x10 frames from the craft place for about 12 bucks.
I figure it cost me around a buck each to print them 8x10s out so basically it cost me around 12-14 buck to print and frame each image.
It looks okay:

















That's not framed, but you get the idea.
I've been looking at these things called Metal Prints(MP).
A bunch of places do them, like AdoramaPix where I ordered mine, and they aren't that expensive.
Well okay, they kinda are except when you get into the larger sizes then they are comparable to printing and framing.
I don't know exactly what the process is, but it's some sort of heat process that binds the ink to an aluminum plate that is a couple millimeters thick:

















The 8x10 set me back 27 bucks, but I forgot to use a 15% off code.
The image looks a little different cause I worked the file after I sent it to be printed.
Anyways, it looks really good!
Can't really tell from a picture of a picture but trust me, it does.
Look good I mean.
You have a choice of four different finishes, that's the brushed gloss, and I have on order a set of samples that show all four.
You also have some mounting choices, the basic is a thingy on the back that you can use to hang or stand:



















I want to go large on one of my six nice pictures, maybe like 16x24 or 20x30.
I think to frame is going to be at least a couple hundred while I can just order the MP for around $150.
The thing that kills me is the shipping; for you folks on the Continent, it should be a little less expensive.
I mocked up the image by printing out four 8x10s:

























I forgot to make them borderless.
Anyways, I'll let you, the reader, know how it goes.
Today is graduation day!
I got volunteered to help out, so I gotta get all spiffied up and help folks find a seat.
More on this later.
By the way, I haven't quite figured out what's going on with the images from yesterday.
Something to do with how I configure the files for Blogger or maybe Blogger just don't like me.
I think they're getting back at me for taking up so much space.
If you know what I mean.

No comments: