Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wider

Oh yeah baby!
I'm World Wide!
Okay, not really.
Well, the blog sort of is.
Kinda.
Anyways, since I've been shooting a lot of land/cityscapes lately, trying to capture this image I have in my convoluted mind, I found that I'm lacking in the wide zone.
I mean my head is sort of big, I have to enter doorways sideways, but I'm talking about wide in a photography sort of way.
Like this:

















My room at 16mm.
Super wide!
Well, wider than before.
Except now my wallet is thin.
Really, really, thin.
This is fat:

























See my water bottle in the back.
See wide images from the beach:

































See the huge distortion.
Check the lifeguard stand:

















Something that you can fix with software.
I think.
I've already got some ideas on how to use this thing, but mainly I'm waiting for a nice cloudless day to get my twilight image.
While I was at the beach this morning, I also got this:

























Something is happening on  Memorial Day and they were setting up the stage.
I'm going to try and make it even though the beach is going to be packed.
I think this super wide is going to be perfect for the event.
Maybe.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Wide angle is the real deal....!!
All my favourite lenses are my wide angles....I hardly ever use the tele lenses....mainly of course because wide angles just suit my subjects better :-)

RANTWICK said...

Wallet thinning wideness. I think it'll be worth it.