Friday, May 31, 2013

What Does This Mean?

Signs.
Tell tale signs.
Markers.
Wait for it.
So I've been sort of lounging around here for the past week, you know, enjoying my time off.
Waking up late, my you know what planted on the couch watching Law & Order and eating things that are generally bad for me.
Sort of rewriting the manual on doing nothing.
If you know what I mean.
Well it sort of occurred to me that these days of slumber and decadence are numbered.
I go back to work two months from today.
Sort of.
First day back is like July 30 or something, I got the calendar around here somewhere but I'm not yet ready to look for it.
What I don't know can't hurt me.
So anyways I figure I should get something done while I have all this free time.
Something.
Like reading.
This is how far I got on my Adobe Lightroom book:



















I guess I should at least read the next chapter.
This is a trend.
This is how far I got in my book on high dynamic range:



















I'll get to reading it right after I finish the next chapter on the Lightroom book.
Ahem.
Setting goals is important and it would be nice if I could get through those two books before I go back to work.
I've also got some photo projects on the burner, slowly cooking and simmering, just waiting for the right moment.
Or lighting.
Cause in photography, lighting is everything.
Don't you know.
So anyways, I was digging around in my boxes here, looking for something, I don't remember what.
Digging though my boxes is like going on YouTube: you start off looking for something and end up with another thing totally unrelated to the first thing.
What was I talking about?
What does it mean?
What does what mean?
Oh yes.
This:



















A relic from another life.
I vaguely remember those mystical days of lore and legend!
Epic!
Or was it just a dream?
Charging up the ole Garmin.
What does this mean?
Don't get yer hopes up.
I don't like to disappoint.

No comments: