Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Early Edition

So, the other day I checking the mail and what should I find?
That's right!
One more for the ole collection!

















Konica III rangefinder!
I've been wanting one for a while now but I think the prices are bit inflated on the eVilness so I've been holding back.
The unique feature of this camera is that lever on the right, it cocks the shutter and advances the film.
Takes a bit of getting used to as my thumb keeps searching for a lever that not there and that front lever feels like it's going to tear the film.
Anyways, it takes nice pictures:



















The viewfinder is fairly large and bright though it tends to vignette on me some.
It has a top speed of 1/500 so you'll run out of shutter in bright conditions.
I was using Ilford Delta 100 which is ISO100 and I was at f8-f16 and I feel I was still a stop hot.
Lemme show you:
















See the difference?
Anyways I'm really happy with the Konica, but the real test comes at night.
It's a stop slower than the rest of my cameras but I don't think it will matter.
What will matter is how it does shooting into lights and stuff and how the viewfinder does in low light.
Still, it will make a nice daytime shooter:

















Which I am off to do.
Shoot in the daytime I mean.
So off I go!

No comments: