Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Final

Pooped!
Again.
This time I have a good excuse: I did a biathlon today.
The Flat Tire Biathlon!
It was so nice outside, the sun was shining, and it was such a nice change from the all the rain we've been having I decided to go out for a ride:

















Surprise!
I took out the Deda!
Pretty sad as the tires were all flat.
It's been a while since I've been out on a rode bicycle and lemme tell you, my legs are shot.
More on this later.
Beach bicycle parking:

















Look at all the snow on the ground!
Melted snow:

















Proof of riding:

















Into the concrete jungle and to the far end of Waikiki:

















While I was there I was reminded that there was something going on tonight, I'm so tired I forget what it was called.
Anyways, I headed back to the Flat Tire Command Center (FTCC) to make some plans.
That was the bicycle part.
I got in fifteen miles, some hard, most soft as I went through the park and Waikiki.
The second part of my biathlon involved walking back to where I had just been.
I rested for a couple of hours though.
Laziness drills don't you know.
Then I loaded up the cameras and off I went!

















The street was closed; there was a parade but I figured it was going to be over by now.
Folks were still lined up waiting to go.
Both sides of the street were packed with folks:

















There's actually another group way ahead there, for some reason the other groups were far behind.
I walked ahead of them for I wanted to catch the sunset.
Folks gathering for the show:

















I couldn't say for sure, but I'm thinking this is some sort of ritual, this gathering of folks waiting for the sun to go down.

















It was a nice one:

















Then it was back to the parade!
Unbelievably still going on:


















I gotta say, there's something about the Japanese and their folk dances.
They are so enthusiastic what with all the taiko drumming and bell ringing and such.
I mean them folks are working hard and having a such a good time it makes me want to go out and harvest rice!
Or something.
I followed them on the sidewalk for a bit, a very large grin on my face.
Then I had to find a place on beach for the fireworks.
Oh wait.
There was Philly cheese steak sammich in there somewhere.
I'd show you, but I ate it.
Anyways, the fireworks:

















More on that later.

No comments: