Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunday Final

I was sad.
While cleaning my camera I found a small spot in the viewfinder, a spot that was inside.
It didn't affect anything,  I mean you couldn't see it while viewfinding, but it was there and I knew it was there.
So I thought about it all afternoon, you know, after I woke up from a nap and finally decided to take the camera with offending viewfinder back:

















Lemme just say right here, if it was a less expensive camera I would have lived with it.
It was/is a camera that set me back a whole lotta coin and I figured I deserved a camera without an offensive spot in on/in the viewfinder.
The short of it all is I exchanged cameras and promptly set off to get some pictures.
I learned something tonight.
Most of the Honolulu Harbor waterfront is off limits.
Like you need a pass or permit or you gotta be invited as in like a guest.
I wanted to go here:

















All I was allowed to do was stand by the gate and take that shot.
I wanted to get in there to take this:


Which would have been nice except I left my quick release plate for the tripod at home and I ended up walking a little ways down the road and getting this while resting the camera against a light post.
That's Aloha Tower.
Then I went down the road a bit more:

















Finally on the other side of the tower:

























Not too bad for hand held.
I would have fooled around a bit more if I had my tripod set up but I was also getting kinda hungry so I headed on home.
Not exactly the shots I wanted to get but I did want to see what the camera could do at night.
I still don't know what exactly it can do and I still don't know exactly what I'm doing, but so far so good!
I swear this camera has got so many goofy things on it it will take me like forever to figure everything out!
Okay, back to studying the user's manual!
Here's one shot that I liked from yesterday:


No comments: