Saturday, January 19, 2013

UPP

Yes I am.
Wait.
I already said that last time.
Well I'll say it again.
Yes I am.
The Ultimate Photography Poseur(UPP).
Here I am, a strutting around with my brand spanking new Nikon D600 and I the only thing I know how to do is press the the shutter release.
The camera is so good, it makes me feel well, very small.
Like I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
Okay, I don't know what the hell I'm doing so that doesn't help.
If you know what I mean.
I gotta say, I didn't think moving on up from the Eastside was going to make that much of a difference but I'm here to tell you it makes that much of a difference.
The D600 is such a large step up it's freakin scary!
It makes my bad pictures look really bad!
Wait, change that.
It makes my really bad pictures look half way decent.
The resolution on this thing is nothing short of amazing!
You can crop to your hearts content!
Here's a look at them elevated rail thingys being constructed on the west side:

















Here's a crop of the first two pillars:

















I am shocked I tell you!
Shocked!
Look at freakin Diamond Head!
Also a bit embarrassed to be carrying this camera around for it's pretty obvious that it is like way beyond my talent.
Or untalent.
Or something.
Seriously, I feel like the Sorcerer's Apprentice; I'm in way over my head!
Anyways, I was over on the west side of the island for I had to drop off our entries into this years Scholastic Art thingy.
The kid's work is being judged as I type and we'll know if anything got into the show tomorrow.
Back to the Magical Image Making Machine(MIMM).
Photos on the Retina Display look three dimensional.  Color is like wow! nice and resolution, if resolution was any better my eyeballs would explode!
No really!


























Well okay, the files are humongous, that one above is like 18.8 MB, but go ahead and enlarge it.
It's like a savior to someone like me.
You know, with bad aim.
Anyways, the real test comes tonight, if I can make the basketball game.
Let's just see how it does in low light with the newfangled auto focus thingy.
Off I go!
Oh and Mark, get one.
You will not regret it.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

The path of 10,000 photos begins with the first click.

limom said...

400+ and counting.
I should slow down.
Don't want to wear it out too fast.
Don't you know.