Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Early Edition

Where has all the time gone?
Seems like I'm always doing something.
Long gone are those leisurely days on the couch, watching Law & Order and eating potato chips.
How I miss those days!
Now I find myself mostly at the computer, reading and answering emails, preparing lessons and logging in grades.
Lemme tell you, I need to get out more.
Which is what bicycling was all about.
Getting out more I mean.
Now I sort of find myself reverting back to where I was, King of Couch(KotC), except this time I'm not really idle.
I mean I'm getting stuff done, stuff that needs getting done, but I'm not getting the stuff I want to get done well, done.
Not well done like a steak, which I usually take medium, but well done like getting it done.
Like riding around on a bicycle.
Okay, part of what I'm getting done involves riding bicycles but it's different cause it's about other folks riding bicycles and not me riding a bicycle.
So I need to come up with a plan.
Some kind of plan where I actually set aside some time to get out there, on the road, and get some wheel spinning time.
I haven't turned a pedal in seriousness since April, meaning I haven't ridden more than five miles in a stretch since the Haleiwa Metric.
Hell I'm not sure I can go five miles!
Well okay, not really.
I'm pretty sure I can go at least five miles.
If you know what I mean.
So I've been thinking(good thinking, not bad thinking) that it's going to take me some time to get back in my prime.
I'm not going to be able to go out and just peel off like 25-30 miles like before.
So I'm going to have to start off slow like.
Oh I'm sure there's going to be lots o'huffing and a puffing involved, with industrial strength perspiration dripping into my eyeballs and such.
Fact is, I sort of miss it.
The huffing and a puffing part.
Not so much the industrial perspiration.
First thing I got to do though, is find my bicycle.
Seems I've misplaced it.


















That's my weekly ironing all piled up.
I think my bicycle is in there somewhere.

No comments: