Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Final

Just a few more things to take care of.
Small little day of the event things that can sort of wait until the day before.
I gotta say, I'm actually looking forwards to this whole thing.
In fact, I'm getting all excited.
For one thing, I'm really interested to see just how many folks show up.
I'd be happy with a couple hundred, but really, in my worst case scenario there'll be more like a couple thousand.
I say worst case for there's no way our event area is meant to support a couple of thousand folks on bicycles.
No matter which way I've looked at it, Kailua just cannot support an influx of that many people.
Okay, maybe it can, but it will be tight.
Like maybe major gridlock.
Thankfully I'll already be here.
Of course there's always rain.
Which we have not provided for.
So if it rains, we're not quite sure what we're going to do.
In some ways, I does seem like we are way above our heads, especially if this event becomes a large draw.
On the other hand, we had to do it someplace, and this place seemed like the best place.
At the time anyways.
There's no way we can predict what we will draw, and it's been the topic of discussion a couple of times.
By my best estimate there will be at least a couple hundred, those folks that are invited and those that will be doing the 5k before we start, and folks just wandering in.
Kailua on the other hand is a pretty quiet town with not much going on during the weekends.
In other words there's not much for the locals to do so when there's something to do, well the locals usually turn out.
Even if it's just to see what the hell is going on.
In our meeting today, spirits were high.
If everyone is like me, they are ready for this thing to fly.
I can't believe it's only one week away.
One more week until Something  Wonderful happens.
I hope.
It's wonderful, I mean.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

It looks like you've lined up a great event. Will there be video coverage for us non-locals?

limom said...

I'll see what I can do.
We'll also be covered by the local cable channel Olelo, not sure if they post up their video.