Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jennifer Connelly, etc.

I've been thinking a lot about Jennifer Connelly lately.
I don't know why.
I checked the news before I left my house and was surprised to see a flash flood warning posted.
Here's the Honolulu Advertiser's weather page:

And here is what it was like when I looked out over my lanai:

So, it was late in the afternoon when I finally decided to get off the couch and get on the road. The first five miles I did didn't feel so good, but the last seven was decent. I even managed to get the Beach Bike up over twenty miles per hour without falling over dead.
Saw Mother Goose and friends:

Apparently segregation goes on the animal kingdom too for the ducks were keeping to themselves:

Birds of a feather, I guess(I had written something else here, but decided to use my better judgement and edit it out. I know, I know, what a chicken. Get it? chicken? birds? nevermind).
Kailua Beach Park is almost done. The paving looks like its finished; they still have to put in the lines.
I guess I don't notice it, or maybe it's the fact that I was going past it every day, but the beach is getting pretty bad:

It wasn't like this a year ago. I hope the state doesn't get involved; the water will be in the parking lot before anything gets done. Call the Army Corps of Engineers. They did a good job on the levee.
Is it beginning to sound like I'm losing faith in the way our state operates?
Mais non(but no)! I'm a state worker, don't you know.
Hey, that rhymed! Why is it I always have great difficulty spelling the word rhyme?
Anyways, I thought I'd let my readers know that this site is now monitored by Google Analytics. It basically helps me track how many people come and go; the counter on the right only tracks unique users, so I had no idea if anyone was actually coming back. It is actually more evil than eBay, for I keep checking to see how many of you folks are stopping by.
I'm pleased that people are adventurous enough to keep checking back. Either that or a lot of you got more time on your hands than I do.
Speaking of time on my hands, if you have time, please check out the Grey link on the right. It was something I did in another life, back when I had inspiration and, well, a lot of beer.
I guess the reason I decided to put Grey up on a blog was that there was no freakin way I was going to re-type two hundred and ninety plus pages without a good reason. And I thought what the hell. I tried to write it the style of Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett while keeping the setting local.
Anyway, submitted for your approval and/or criticism, Grey.
Okay, time for me to check Google Analytics again, especially now that Law & Order is on. Gotta love Law & Order Sundays. I swear, Law & Order is gaining evil status for no matter how many times I've seen an episode, I must watch it again.
Anyone know when Breaking Bad is coming back? I've been thinking about the last episode where the stuffed animal is in the swimming pool.
I've been thinking about that.
And Jennifer Connelly.

No comments: