Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Six Months and Counting


Woo Hoo!
It's the six month anniversary for The Flat Tire!
Six whole months of bringing you, the reader, a sketch of life in one point perspective.
Okay, not really today; I sort of missed it by a few posts, but as you can see I've been busy evading the law and staring up into a not quite as empty as you think night sky.
I have to admit, this blogging thing is not quite what I expected. Then again, I didn't quite know exactly what to expect.
In the beginning(cue up theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey, wait for it), I thought I'd just throw some things out into blogger land and see what stuck. At first it was sort of strange writing things, not knowing whether or not anyone was reading. It was like talking to yourself, but with typing.
Actually, I'm still not sure if anyone is reading and not just looking at the pictures which is what I do when I surf blogger land.
Google Analytics doesn't help for it is evil and I'm sure it's lying to me.
Cycling seemed like a good topic, for I was about a year into it and still undergoing the trials and tribulations many have when taking up something new. I thought my misguided efforts would be interesting to write/talk about.
Well, after a few months of having these pages stare back at me, I hit upon a novel idea: photos!
Including pictures in my posts would revolutionize the blogging industry! My visitor count would soar and commercial interests would be knocking down my email trying to buy advertising space.
Why didn't anyone think of this before?
Imagine my shock and horror when I discovered that some other unscrupulous bloggers had stolen my idea! They had pictures in their blogs too!
Okay, not really. There was no horror or shock but I did realize that posting up some pics might make my entries more entertaining.
So I went out and bought a camera:

As you can see I spared no expense in obtaining the finest instrument available to cheapskates like me. Actually, this was a large step for I already had a camera.
Just for fun, I took a picture of the camera that I used to take the picture of the camera with:

I have to say, the equipment that goes into the production of this blog is unrivaled, unparalleled even, in blogger land.
Actually it was desperate attempt to get that visitor counter moving. I think it's lying to me.
So I hope we can continue this one sided conversation for at least another six months. I can tell by imagining what you all are posting in the comments section that you, the reader, appreciate my adding even more boring content to your otherwise exciting day.
Anyways, I'd like to thank you, the reader, all seven of you, for taking the time out of your busy day to check out the insignificant rantings of a beautiful mind(mine).
Without you, the reader, The Flat Tire would be, well, just a flat tire, deflated and useless.
Actually, they put old tires on the sides of piers so boats don't get all banged up so I suppose flat tires are not all that useless.
The Flat Tire staff is dedicated to bringing you, the reader, only the best in quality entertainment. Hopefully The Flat Tire can continue to grow with you, the reader, and attain the mega status it so richly deserves.
So to you, the reader, chapeau!
And to The Flat Tire, may your visitor hits continue to grow!
But who's counting.

No comments: