Monday, September 6, 2010

New Wheels, The Hills are on Fire!

Today I got up and finished up work on the UFT III.
I was sort of concentrating on what I was doing, but I did hear some sirens and a helicopter.
So I venture out of my gara-, um studio, and take a look around.
Hmmm.
Nothing.
So I go back to work.
I was thinking last night the the problem with the wheels was that they were too big.
It's about scale, don't you know:



See this time, I wanted to give the wheels some fenders. It's just that the fenders made the wheels even bigger.
I spent a long time making them wheels so when they didn't work out, I was pretty sad:



So I made me some smaller wheels with different fenders. Fenders that would sort of go with the design.
The first set was a bit too ostentatious.
The new wheels were more subdued:



I mocked them up and liked what I saw.
Sort of.
So anyways, the new wheels made me happy:



That's pretty much how I looked this morning as my cold still lingers.
Part of the problem with setting the wheels are that the clay shrinks as it dries. When doing the landing gear, I have to make sure they are attached securely:



So anyways, I finished up and set out for dialysis.
I go up the hill and round the corner and:



The freakin hills are on fire!
I didn't smell smoke or anything!



Boy, there are some dudes who had to work on Labor Day!
Apparently, the fire had been raging for a couple of hours and had attacked the dry brush on the hill:



Anyways, I had to go and I don't think any homes were damaged.
When I came home in the evening though, I could still see a couple of hot spots burning up there.
My brother called me to ask if I needed help shooting some water but The Flat Tire Central was never in danger.
Next time, I'll be sure to do more than just look up and down the street.

No comments: