Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Craps! Round Two

Well, I rolled the dice and guess what?
That's right!
Craps!
Okay, not really.
Well, sort of.
If you've been following along at home, you know that the landing gear of the UFT III has been giving me a major headache. I broke two of them off and decided to try and refire the whole thing in hopes that I could reglaze the gear on.
Well, I did that and it didn't quite come out the way I wanted so I refired it again; that's the rolling the dice part.
I didn't fall apart, but it did sort of come apart.
Before and after shots:




The gap seems to have opened up a little. Well not seemed, it did open up a little more.
Much more noticeable now.
So.
The UFT III is back in The Flat Tire Skunkworks hanger awaiting further repairs. One more shot before it joins the UFT I in the great UFT boneyard in the sky.
I mean shelf.
Last chance Texaco roadside fix is to get some epoxy and try to fill the gap. Maybe it becomes less conspicuous.
If I do try and enter this in the show on Sunday, I guess I list it as NFS, not for sale, for this definitely does not pass quality control standards.
I say if for I don't really want to enter it, but it costs like sixty five bucks and you get to enter two pieces so I might as well try.
I really like this pot so I'll probably make another one.
One day.
Speaking of second attempts, I set up another little planter with the opuntia cactus seeds.
I didn't use all the seeds from the first batch, so I threw out the dead ones and put the rest of the seeds in there.
I hope this time I get some results.
My other cactus seeds should be in this week so I can start up a new batch of, well, batchlings.
Or something.
Oh, and did I tell you?
I got me some agave this time!
Tequila!
Or does agave take like forever to grow?
I better check and see.

No comments: