Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Early Edition

So yesterday I went in to work to well, work on some things.
Not that there's much to work on since my room has nothing in it.
Well, that's what I was working on, the nothingness.
Seems our school budget isn't going to be budgeted until the beginning of next month.
Not good news as since my room is a new room, most of the stuff that I need will come from this year's budget.
So far, I have been scrounging cameras from the other class and trying to make up useful lessons that don't need cameras or computers.
Which is sort of difficult since this is like a digital photography class.
Except now, I got a film camera.
More on that later.
So anyways, I went in to work to think about what I'm going to do this week as I'm sort of running out of options.
What's up with all these cars?
The parking lot was packed!
On a Saturday!
Seems we had a convention of sorts:

















Robotics!
Teams from all over the island were working on their well, robot skilz!
I don't know when robot season starts but it must be soon.
The bots have to do a bunch of maneuvers like pick up balls and knock balls down etc.

















I don't think it was a real competition although I did see a rankings thing scrolling on a screen.
It looks like they were just sort of practicing, under real conditions kinda thing.
I was going to volunteer to help our team out but those kids are at it every day and I just can't commit the time.
Changing oil three times a week and all that don't you know.
I'm starting to think that a transplant might be a good thing after all.
So anyways, I go up to my empty room and sit in my plush leather medium back chair and put my legs up on my empty desk.
Sort.
I mean my desk is sort of empty:



















More paper weights.
The kids I got don't even know what  3.5 floppy is.
I need an Apple Quicktime to round out my collection.
Which is growing:



















I really like that one.
A Zeiss Ikon Contina circa 1955.
I may have to find one that actually works.
That one sort of does, but the aperture and shutter rings are a bit sticky.
Well I was staring at that camera thinking about whether or not I should go searching on the eVilness for a nice tested working one when I got an idea.
Let the kids shoot film!
Okay, not all of them cause at last count I got about a hundred and thirty of them, but the kids in the advanced class.
They are supposed to know all about camera settings and stuff and they're like already bored just sitting around.
I still got some time with the beginning kids cause they don't know what the hell they're supposed to be doing and everything is new to them.
The advanced kids though are like ready to go out and document the world and I feel bad that I don't have anything for them to document the world with.
So today, I'm off to find another film camera.
Quest for Really Cheap Film Camera (QFRCFC!)!
I figure this should hold me until I get my computers hopefully late this week.
I can do some demonstrations with the beginning classes, maybe let them shoot a few frames.
Meanwhile I have to go and review all my purchase orders and submit them based upon priority and need.
I swear if getting my stuff takes any longer I'm going to take some clay into class and have them make pinch pots.
Okay, not really.
Well, maybe.

No comments: