Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Final

The Quest for Really Cheap Film Camera is over.
Kinda.
Today on the ole CL I stepped into a couple of sort of deals.
More on that later.
Anyways after running around some, like to the bank and stuff, I came home and took a nap.
I'm getting back into the work groove and I woke up this morning at my usual 5am time.
Sleepiness came early, like right after lunch.
I got up in the afternoon and decided I needed to get out before I lost the light.
To test the new cameras don't you know.
So off I went!
I never noticed these mounds before:



















More accurately I probably noticed them but didn't give them much thought.
Today, I was thinking they look like burial mounds, though I don't know why they would be next to the highway.
There are some other mounds in the medial strip and along the side of the path, but those mounds just look like well, mounds of dirt.
There must be some reason they're there.
I think.
Anyways, it being Sunday and all, I went by some places of worship:



















The Holy Temple of the Expressness of Federalness.
I don't pray there too often.



















The Church of the Blue Label.
Deliver me from eVil and send me on the path to three day air service!
I donate there regularly.
I rode around cause I had two rolls of film to blow so I was taking pictures of just about everything:



















I talked to this dude Wilson for a bit and it turns out he has a famous movie star cousin.
He looked tired.
One thing is for sure, shooting film makes you think twice about what you're taking pictures of.
I mean now it cost like money to make your pictures and you can't just go around shooting everything.
I also tend to shoot faster with digital, sometimes making mistakes as I pray and spray.
With film, you have to think about your settings, especially since these cameras are mostly manual.
Oh, the cameras!



















I ran into a dude who was selling both and I probably paid a little too much for them.
The cherry pie wasn't part of the deal.
It's just there for some color.
That zoom is like old school and is pretty much worthless.
The Nikon came with a 55 f2.8 Micro that cleaned up pretty well.
The Canon is real find.
It was clean all around and came with a 50 f1.4 that's a bit foggy.
I'll try to play doctor and clean the front element but I'm not hopeful.
As long as I don't step down too much it should be okay.
Oh and it also came with a flash.
Not that I use flash.
Still it's something that the kids can play around with, maybe learn something by seeing how it was done back in the not so olden days.
Well okay, it was pretty much in the olden days to them.
Anyways, I'll take em to school tomorrow and see they are received.
With open arms I hope.
Now, lemme take a look at that foggy lens.
Call me Doctor.
Doctor Flat Tire.
Oh yeah.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

'Doctor Flat Tire'...well that does sound good..

limom said...

Where's my scalpel?