Thursday, October 24, 2013

I Quit!

No really!
I quit!
This is it!
The last time!
Maybe.
Lemme make this fast cause it's like freakin late and I feel like I walked about ten miles because maybe I did.
Okay, not really.
More like five miles.
Maybe.
Out to the outskirts of Waikiki and the Ala Wai canal:

















Okay, that's not the canal, that's the bridge over it that goes into Waikiki.
Actually not a bad shot considering it's hand held.
I walked all over the creation tonight lugging around not one, not two, but three! cameras!
More on this later.
Here are the shots:


















Now that I'm looking at them, I should have tried a couple of different angles but I was sort of in a hurry to get home.
I also hit up the promenade again:

























Rushing again.
This time I ran the image through the high dynamic range software:

























Interesting.
I haven't had time to do any post processing cause did I mention it's like really late and I walked like twenty miles tonight lugging around not one, not two, but three! cameras! and a tripod?
Huh?
Why three cameras?
Well I got the film camera, the digital camera, and tonight I walked two miles to pick this up:

















I'm done!
Stick a fork in me!
No more cameras!
For now.
It was a good deal and I couldn't pass it up.
Why oh why did I ever start this stupid hobby?
Oh wait.
It's my job.
I still gotta develop two rolls of film and scan it cause I want to see if there's any difference in tonights pics and the ones I took on Tuesday.
Okay, bed time.

2 comments:

rlove2bike said...

Years ago I went through a time where I shot many rolls a film. I had a Minolta with three lenses...membership at the photoshop...carried that camera almost everywhere. I think a person looks at their surroundings differently when the camera('s) is at hand. Your post reminds of that great time in my life.

Thanks,
RL

limom said...

Glad I could be of service.
All this camera stuff reminds me also of when I was shorter and took a lot of pictures.
The whole thing about seeing the world differently is exactly what I'm trying to teach.
I think.