Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Now I'm Serious

No really.
Before I was kinda sorta serious, but now I'm really serious!
In a serious kind of way.
See the other I went to go get some film, for taking pictures I mean, so I open the vault and what do I see?

















Hmmmm...
Getting low on supplies.
Can never have enough film.
If you know what I mean.
I mean there's only like three hundred or so frames there.
Wait!
Lemme check the ole emergency vault:

















Okay, I feel a little better.
Not much better though as for film, once it's gone, it's gone.
So I had to go and get me a bulk film loader and some refillable cassettes:

















Now I can load my own!
Roll my own too!
Now all I gotta do is grow my own!
Wait.
Different addiction different life.
Don't you know.
So anyways, this addicting film stuff comes in like bulk 100 foot rolls so you get a loader and some empty cassettes and make your own for only pennies on the dollar!
Okay, not really.
It does come out cheaper though, especially if you get cheapo film.
I would show it to you, the reader, but then I'd ruin the whole thing and I'd have to get me another roll.
Trust me, there's film in there.
That film only cost like forty bucks and you can get like 20 or so rolls of 36 exposures so it comes out to like 2 bucks a roll.
Like I said, cheapo film.
With somewhat cheapo results:




























I think it's safe to say that this film is on the grainy side, but then again I still don't quite know what I'm doing in the processing part.
It's cheap, it makes images.
What can I say?
As a matter of fact I'm sort of going even more retro cause I'm really liking the uneven results.
If I want to scrutinize, I can always go back and shoot digital:

























Which is what did last night.
Shoot both I mean.
Digital and analog.
I guess that means I'm serious now, serious enough to be lugging two cameras around while I hike around greater Honolulu.
No wait.
Serious means I'll be lugging around two cameras and a tripod.
While I'm hiking around greater Honolulu.
Which I'll be doing tomorrow night.
Maybe.
That is if our newly official bicycle club meeting goes okay.
More on that later.
Which reminds me, I need to shoot off an email to USA Cycling.
More on that later too.
Which reminds me, I gotta pump up the tires on my bicycle.
The carbon bicycle.
Image you know, is everything.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Is there some sort of subtraction filter where you could take a film shot, then a digital shot of the exact same scene, then peel off the noise and grain of the film to apply to the digital shots? Might save some trouble with bulk loading and developement and scanning. :)

limom said...

Actually now that you mention it, I should try taking pictures side by side with the digital camera and cranking the ISO up to the max which is like 12,500 and see what it looks like in noir et blanc.
I'm betting it looks pretty close.
Film though is for romantics.
If you know what I mean.