Saturday, June 28, 2014

Old and Faded

It's the new look!
All this nice and crispy digital stuff is so passé.
Instagram don't you know.
So anyways, I've been on a Mini Quest (MQ) for that Old School Look, MQFTOSL if you are following along at home.
Remember I got this:

















Doesn't get much older school than that!
Well okay it does as I got older cameras, but them cameras are sort of high tech old school.
If you know what I mean.
That camera up there, that's like cheapo old school as you can't even focus it; just point and shoot.
Well okay it does have a couple of adjustments, but very minimal.
So then the other day I got these:

















Olden days pictures!
Like from the thirties and forties!
Now them pics have a look to them, something I'm finding very difficult to replicate:



























Turns out that cheapo camera takes pretty nice pictures!
I mean all in focus and stuff.
Just not getting that look I want.
Unless I do this:

























Now that's what I'm talkin 'bout Willis!
Of course I'm not too keen on running the scans through software like this, but the results are pretty cool.
That last picture by the way is from where I used to live when I was shorter.
I forget which mailbox was ours.
Anyways, my MQFTOSL led me in many different directions, but I think I found my cure.
Cure for the Quest (CFTQ!)!
Stay tuned.

No comments: