Saturday, March 24, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Okay, not really.
Well sort of.
I mean I've been busy, busy with small little things that need my attention and cannot be ignored.
Like Netflix for example.
I just can't ignore it!
No matter how hard I try, a little clicky here and little clicky there and like Emeril: BAM!
French movies and potato chips appear in a cloud of smoke!
If you, the reader, have been following along at home, you know that I fancy myself a student of French.
Except when I watch them movies, I can't for the life of me understand one freakin word that is being said!
I'm so sad.
In more ways than one.
Anyways, I've also been busy working on the video for Kvibe. I shot more stuff today and spent a couple of hours editing.
That's the hard part, the editing I mean.
Watching clips endlessly over and over and over again, cutting and a splicing and a cutting and a splicing.
I figure I'm still about a week away from finishing it off as I still need a few more shots.
Work has also been keeping me busy as we've started a new quarter and I got a bunch of kids that aren't doing too good.
Thankfully, the instructors I work with are great and pretty much let me do my thing.
Which I'm working hard at improving.
My thing I mean:



A lot of these teaching books are sort of repetitive, I mean I learned most of the stuff in teacher school, but if I can learn one new strategy or technique then it's money well spent.
Now that I'm back working a classroom instead of one on one the larger your toolbox the better.
If you know what I mean.
Been busy in the kitchen too as I've been considering my diet.
No, not dieting, but my overall diet and what I can do to be more healthy.
Okay, them pork rinds don't help, but once in a while isn't going to kill me.
I hope.
There's also this other stuff I had to cook up and get rid of.
I mean every year around this time it goes on sale and being one of my favorites I just can't ignore:



This is like the third brisket I've boiled up in two weeks!
Corned beef and cabbage with some Dijon(that's French don't you know) mustard makes me mouth water like you wouldn't believe!
Okay, not exactly health food, but three times a year isn't so bad, non?
Okay, maybe three times in two weeks is bad as I think they put something in the beef that makes you lazy.
Or maybe I'm just lazy naturally.
The weather has been off and on here, rainy and windy and that only helped push my laziness to extreme proportions.
Besides, I only have like thirty something episodes of Nikita to go before I'm all caught up.
Netflix beckons.
Resistance is futile.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Was planning to read today. Now catching up on episodes of Nikita. It's all good.

limom said...

Maggie Q or reading.
I'll take....