Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh Yes! Oh No!

Oh yes!
I got my much needed recessed brake nut today.
I was riding around, well okay, not riding around with my front brakes barely attached.
The original brake nut was way too short, and although I had a carbon fork on the Ciocc, the Deda fork is much more hefty.
Thickerly.
Wide.
Don't you know.
Anyways, now I don't have to worry about my front brakes flying off as I come back down from going Super Sonic:



The new 30mm brake nut is one on the left.
The one in the middle is the one I was using, but it was only catching about a quarter inch or so of brake stud thingy.
I mean it was tightening up, but I felt like if I applied some real torque to it, it would strip.
Anyways, that little thingy set me back a whopping six bucks!
Seriously, I can't believe how much these small little bicycle only parts cost!
I almost ordered the same brake nut in titanium, but then I thought, seriously? titanium?
Actually, I still may get it, now that I know exactly what size I need.
Speaking of sizes, Oh Yes!
I also got my new jersey in today:



I've been looking for one of these Campagnolo Heritage jerseys for a while now, and one just happened to pop up on the eVilness.
It's a long sleeve, but I was just thinking the other day how nice a long sleeve would be with all this nippy weather we've been having.
The thing about this particular Heritage jersey is that it was discontinued a few seasons ago, so finding one in my size was difficult.
Euro cut XL is perfect, or so I thought.
Actually, it fits on the snug size, the arms are perfect.
It's me that's not perfect.
I mean all this laziness has finally caught up with me for when I tried my jersey on and looked in the mirror:



Oh No!
Holy roundness of fatness Batman!
I mean I knew I was carrying around an extra eight to ten pounds.
Or so.
What I didn't know was that I grew a DOT approved 5 MPH bumper!
I could walk into doors and not hit my nose!
Shopping carts could hit me and I would revert back to my original shape.
So as soon as the weather breaks I'm getting off the couch and hitting the road.
Vanity.
The ultimate motivation.
Oh yes.
Make that oh no.
Or something.

No comments: