Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday EXTRA!

Oh boy!
Now I'm dangerous.
I've gone beyond mere tinkering with a micro screwdriver and gone off the deep end.
Again.

























So I got me this student torture device from the teacher store.
Insert the ends into either the eyeballs or nostrils and then open them wide.
You know, for better aspiration or for improved attention span.
Okay, not really.
Then again, maybe.
Those things are actually lens spanners:

















Used to remove the retaining rings off the camera lens.
If you, the reader, have been following along at home then you know what's coming next:

















Hot nekkid camera pics!
Not safe for work and all that.
Front and back!

















Way, way, waaaaay above my meager skilz.
Hey! you gotta start somewhere.
If you know what I mean.
That there camera died in my hands as I was trying to free up the aperture ring.
Which promptly froze up.
So I'm trying to see what the hell went wrong, you know, so I don't do it again.
Of which there is a great chance.
That I'll do it again I mean.
Apparently these olden days cameras use some kind of time lapse grease that automatically changes into epoxy glue after oh, about thirty years.
Either that or something got loose, you know, after all that jiggling I did, and stuck in the gears.
Or cogs.
Or something.
So anyways, I took it apart.
Now I give up.
For now.
Gotta go and get some Anti-Time Lapse Grease Unfreezer (ATLGU) and see what happens.
More on this later.
Or I may have just made me a donor camera.
In other news, I got a new film that I tried out.
This time with a newer fangled old fangled camera:


























I caught Steve McGarret looking for you know who.
Those are like the only two pictures worth posting up cause I swear sometimes I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
Okay, not really.
Most of the time I don't know what the hell I'm doing.
I was just popping off shots cause I wanted to see what the film could do.
To tell you the truth I can't tell the difference between some of these different films.
I mean there are so many variables that go into a picture that it's hard to say one film is better than the other.
Which is not a good thing when you are trying to decide on one or the other.
If you know what I mean.
Anyways, I gotta go and find me some Magic Camera Potion (MCP) and get some lunch and finish a roll of film and maybe start a new roll.
Not necessarily in that order.
So off I go!

No comments: