Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Final

Walking, walking, walking.
That's all I did this afternoon/evening.
My intention was to get out in the early afternoon and catch some daylight, but my laziness drills prevented that.
So by the time I left the Flat Tire Command Center (FTCC) there was only about an hour worth of daylight left.
Which means I had to make some time as I wanted to be on Waikiki Beach before sunset.
I was late:

















It was also cloudy.
Which could have been a good thing, but the sun never came out from behind the clouds and the sunset was a dud.
I did get to practice my silhouettes:


















I wish I had gotten a bit closer to that girl with the pink tube but I didn't want to walk on the sand.
I was wearing shoes don't you know.
Anyways, the sunset was a disappointment, at least for me, but there were folks lined up all over the beach sort of taking in the uh, dimness:

















If the sun had managed to come out I could have gotten some interesting images.
Like of these touri at a beachside pool/bar:

















So I was walking along the beach trying not to get sand in my shoes feeling sad when I realized things could be worse.
I mean I could be walking in snow.
Or in the desert.
Or in the rain.
Well, you get the idea.
So I made the best of it and watched some hula for a bit:

On the return route I decided not to take Kalakaua Avenue back, which is like the main drag, but I went up a bit and walked back on Kuhio Avenue.
I passed by a pizza place on a trailer, which I had never seen before:

















I would have stopped for a slice it they had one, but it looks like they were only selling whole pies.
Maybe I'll go back like when I'm really hungry.
Then again I don't have to be really hungry when it comes to pizza!
Then believe it or not I saw some lightning again on the horizon over the water.
Boy, that's like two walks in a row!
This time I didn't bother to try and get any shots, I just put it in high gear and kept on moving.
I didn't get to try out that yellow film cause I left too late so I'll leave that for another day.
I did get some other shots but I gotta scan them and see how they came out.
Choosing films in a difficult thing even though I don't see too much difference in the ones that have similar speeds.
The cameras I use now are sort of dictating what I choose mainly because they are so old and well, dated.
Scans tomorrow and we'll see how I did.

No comments: