Friday, December 30, 2011

In Search of the Prez

Yes, it's that time of year again.
I started sort of late cause I was busy getting ready to contribute the economy and all, but now it's on!
The search for the President.
He's around here somewhere, I just gotta find him.
Every year, he takes his vacation right down the road and every year I manage to somehow miss him!
Like he's avoiding me or something!
Take yesterday.
I was sitting around, watching Law & Order while he was like a mile and half away eating some shave ice(that's a snow cone to you folks on the Continent) with his family and friends.
See, I was thinking of going out for a ride, but I was kinda tired from finishing up all that kadomatsu stuff, so I was just taking it easy on the couch.
I think they got Secret Service folks watching me, you know so that like when I'm at home, the President can go out about Kailua without me following him around.
He's at the same place:



If you squint yer eyeballs, you can see the tent where all them Secret Agents hang out.
I stopped at the corner last year, right there on the left and was told in no uncertain terms to keep moving along.
By some lady cop with a side arm!
They were going to like remove me by force!
Well I got the message and went on my merry way let me tell you.
Ever since then, I think I'm on some kind of list or something, cause I never seen the President or his convoy or any kind of sign that the dude even exists!
Somewhere, way out over there, is Obamaland:



The beach is actually closed off for like a hundred yards or so from where he's supposedly at. They probably got like Navy SEALs swimming around under the water over there, ready to confiscate your surfboard if you get too close.
Maybe I should paddle a surfboard over there just to check it out.
Okay, maybe not.
I'm telling you, sometimes I think the President is like still in Washington and all them pictures are like of him in front of some blue screen with images of Kailua added in afterwards.
On the other hand, maybe I'm just going too fast and I've passed him but it was just a blur.
I'm Super Sonic don't you know.
Anyways, I got like a couple of more days to try and catch of glimpse of the most powerful dude in the free world.
Tell you the truth, I don't know what I'm gonna do if I ever see him.
Maybe just wave, or give him the shaka sign(it's a local thing).
Maybe ask him for some free trade agreement with Italy.
Or something.

2 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Find him, you will! I believe he's a cyclist sometimes, too, perhaps you will overtake and pass him going up a hill, hey POTUS hang loooooooose!

limom said...

I shall persevere.