Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Early Edition

Back in the jungle!
In the rainy jungle.
Like in tropical downpour jungle with flash flood warnings.
No pictures, I was afraid for the camera.
You'll just have to take my word for it.
Anyways, it's that time of year.
The dreaded kadomatsu making time.
More on this later.
As I was busy all day yesterday, this morning I was able to put the Rockhopper on the stand:



Yay! the stand finally gets some usage!
The Topeak bottom bracket stand thingy for some reason would not lift the frame high enough off the floor. The rear wheel would catch as the stand thingy flexed so I was forced to break out The Crane.
I think maybe the bottom bracket of Rockhopper is like way off the ground.
Okay, let me just say right off the bat that I lied.
Again.
Boy, I'm sort of making this a habit.
Them button thingys on the canti brakes are like the best thing ever!
Makes adjusting the pull quick and easy.
I mean compared to them other cable hanger thingys.
Adjusting them brakes took me all of like five minutes.
I knew my old Ergon grips would come in handy:



I also got a better look at some of the rusty oxidized parts:




Not too sure what I'm going to do about them cranks as the oxidation is under the paint.
The paint is a problem too, as I revealed earlier, it's actually a really dark purple so I'm not sure I'll be able to touch up the rusty spots.
I'll have a run by the ole Manstore later to see if I can find some spray paint.
If not, maybe off to the car parts place and see if I there's some touch up available.
The good thing about this bicycle is that it doesn't appear to have been ridden much.
Which I guess is a bad thing too.
The tires show every little wear:



All the little nubbies are still there, even down the center.
Hopefully I'll be able to wear them down a bit.
It's been snowing here off and on as I'm writing this, but maybe I'll make it out on the road anyways.
You know, since I got me some knobby tires now.

No comments: