Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Final

Well, I got tired of sitting on the couch waiting for all that snow to melt, so I untangled the Bike With The Funny Name, inflated the tires and headed out the door.
I was sort of hoping those nasty winter winds would help and clean some of the dust off of the frame.
Off to market I went!
The supermarket is in one them small malls where there used to be shops for us locals, now it's mostly shops for tourists, which makes finding parking a pain, especially during peak business hours.
Sort of makes finding the bike stand a pain too:



I was here in search of more Dumas, as all of sudden I felt a need to read Ten Years After, the sequel to The Three Musketeers.
Bookends is a small shop that carries new and used books:



No luck in finding what I wanted, but I did find something of interest.
I also developed a craving, but decided to try and work it off so well, off I went!
Despite the sub-zero temperatures, some kids braved the elements and were playing some flag football:



It's sort of funny how once you get to a pedaling around, you sort of don't want to stop. I took a detour that led me about a mile off course, just for fun.
I came around into Kailua town and feeling like I had disposed of some fat that I was about to add, back to the market I went:



There are couple of new shops that recently opened up.
A Star Wars place:



Across the street, what is about to be my newest place to browse:



Boy they got endless aisles of Cooking Goodness!
Like everything you could ever possibly need to make well, anything!
I spent some time eyeballing these:



That just led to another craving so off I went!
I figure I just better head for home cause everything was beginning to remind me of food.
I stopped off at the marshy place to see what was happening:




Nothing but some local fowl and a duck fishing for dinner.
Dinner.
More food!
I better make a bee line for home!
Where I feasted on the spoils of my journey:




A book of short stories by Guy de Maupassant, something I was looking for anyways.
de Maupassant is fast becoming my second favorite short story author, next to F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Anyways, something to read while I'm all bundled up against the cold.
If you know what I mean.

8 comments:

Steve A said...

It looks frigid, in a Mediterranean kind of way. Ciao.

Anonymous said...

i read the 3 musketeers trilogy. way too many characters, i couldn't keep them straight. I kept forgetting who was whom.

limomaronianoni said...

Brrrrrr!

limom said...

Annie Nonnamous,
Thanks for stopping by!
Yeah, I got confused the first time, especially with some of the minor characters.
This is my second time through it though, I read it like a long time ago, in another life.

Scott said...

I have a spare Ultima wool cycling jacket, perhaps I should let you borrow it for the winter.

limom said...

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll tough it out.
Where did I put that chapstick?

Anonymous said...

have u read Count of monte cristo, that has fewer characters but it is a THICK book

limom said...

As a matter of fact, I just finished COM before I read TTM.
Hopefully during the holidays, I'll pick a parallel text version of COM, one with the French next to English.

The only thing I didn't like about COM was that since the story was originally serialized, there was a certain uh, detachment with the chronologh at times, especially when it came to his age.
I liked it though and as I said, hope to read it in it's orginal text.