Friday, May 21, 2010

Bike to Work Day

Except me that is.
I drove.
I mean I'd like to bike to work, really I would.
I just don't want to bike seven miles uphill both ways.
Okay enough excuses!
Some managed to ride today and they gathered during lunch to show off their rides. This year was a little better than last year as one of the local bike shops had a mechanic and repair stand to do some tune ups and stuff.
There were some cool bikes:



Remember this? Slick rear tire, and center shifter:



Man I was diggin those handlebars!
Suspension seat:



Hey that license plate is older than me!
Okay, not really.
Low rider:



Stretch trike with boom-box and disco balls:




Now we talkin homey!
The strange thing is, the school doesn't even have a bike rack!
Two or three instructors bike in, and I've seen a couple of students on bikes, but that's about it.
Maybe high school kids are just too cool to be riding a bike.
Anyways, I get home and I'm all psyched up to get in some miles.
Just a late afternoon burn off the lunch cruise.
Ole Sol is beginning to hang around a little longer now, and the shadows are growing long. The light turns gold and makes everything a warm fuzzy.
That gives some guys time to make one more run:



I have just enough time to make it to the neighborhood convenience store and grab a cream soda:



Summer is here and the roads are open.
Extended hours, while it lasts.

No comments: