Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Special: Insanity!

No, I didn't buy anything new.
I was going through the news tonight and remembered a story I read in the paper this morning that I just had to give a shout out to.
The insanity starts here.
Okay, doing the Ironman is crazy.
Hey! Let's do five of em!
In five days!
In a row!
Uh dude, are you insane?
I don't even want to think about how these guys will be feeling by day three let alone day five.
Think about it.
No really, think about it.
Contemplate pushing your body to it's absolute limit.
Then do it five times over.
That's just the physical exhaustion!
Mentally, well, you have to be, I don't know what you have to be!
Check out the insane guys' website here.
All I have to say is that boy, these guys are dedicated to their cause.
I'm ponying up and making a donation.
Then there's this dude here.
At least he's being resonable.
I mean 2,817 miles is pretty freakin far. Reasonable is not trying to tackle it all at once.
Hell, I should roll up that much mileage by the end of this year.
Hey, wait a minute.
I will roll up that much mileage this year!
And more!
Okay, maybe 2,817 miles is not quite as spectacular as I thought.
Still, you have to appreciate the effort.
I mean it's for a good cause and all that even though it's not as insane as the tri guys.
Boy, I should call up the paper and tell them that I got like 1200 miles on my bike and I did it for, well, I'm not quite sure why I did it.
I'm not even quite sure why I'm going to ride tomorrow.
I know I'll be thinking about those Epic5 dudes.
Man, that's just insane!

No comments: