Saturday, February 11, 2012

The End of an Era

Okay, not really.
An era one year does not make.
Which is about how long I had the Ciocc.
Now that I think about it, one of the reasons I just couldn't warm up to it was that it sort of the same as the Celeste Devil.
Being steel and all.
I mean it was sort of dead and heavy, but not really, at the same time being all the things the CD was and is.
Time for something different I say.
So today, out came the wrenches and it was time to say so long:



I think you know the time has come when you start taking everything apart and feel no regrets, no sorrow.
Yes, it's just a bicycle, but I'm pretty sure the when the day comes to part out the CD I'll be pretty sad.
Realistically, I don't see that day coming any time soon.
The Parting of the Celeste Devil, I mean.
It's also time to say good-bye to the Veloce group:



I gotta say, Veloce is a pretty nice group, it really didn't feel any different from Centaur.
It's about a 150 grams or so heavier, but when you're Super Sonic, the weight is negligible.
So ciao Veloce!
Maybe.
I mean there's one scenario where this group could see another life.
At this point it's come down to either new group or new wheels.
I haven't decided yet.
Sort of.
I should have the beginning of the New Era(NE) all figured out by next week.
I think.
Anyways, whatever it is, it's going to be great!
Awesome even.
I hope.

4 comments:

John Romeo Alpha said...

Ciao Ciocc!

Scott said...

'No regrets' when taking it apart is certainly a good clue. Good luck on your quest for a replacement.

Steve A said...

Keep a poker face, but yes, regrets, or their absence, ARE the clue.

limom said...

Yeah, once I start thinking of it as a commodity I figure it's time.