Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Early Edition

It's started again.
Sort of.
Just when I though I was out I get pulled back in!
If you know what I mean.
Anyways, a while back I was at the camera place, you know, just looking around.
Ahem.
Well film comes like in all different flavors.
I've been using 35mm all this time but there's also 110, 120 and large format stuff.
Medium format or 120 is well, sort of in the middle, larger than 35mm and smaller than say 4x5.
I got a 120 film camera for the kids:

















Yeah it's one of them plastic toy cameras, a Lomo Diana F+ meaning it comes with a flash.
Which is needed cause the shutter and aperture are fixed on these things and you need the flash indoors or anyplace not bathed in direct sunlight.
So like I was saying I was in the camera place minding my own business and something came over me and I got me a roll of that 120 film.
Which may or may not be a good thing.
Not good because none of it came out:

















There's only like 15 frames on the roll, less depending on what format you shoot it in: 6x4.5, 6x6 or 6x9.
It's also more expensive at around $6 a roll so you need to make your shots count.
The benefit of medium format is that you can enlarge it well, larger as it's much well, larger than 35mm:

















Out of that roll only a couple of images came out but I think some of that was user error as I may or may not have left the lens cap on the camera.
Ahem.
I also got this strange arch looking shadow:

















































Sort of looks like my finger or something but I know better.
I think.
Anyways, if at first you don't succeed, well you know the rest.
Now I got me some cheap 120 film on the way and well, you know the rest.
Let's just say I've been on the eVilness again lately.
More on this later.
Anyways, today is the last day of bambooness, delivery day, so I got to get ready to go.
Tomorrow I can actually start enjoying my vacation!
Hopefully.

No comments: