Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Early Edition

Basketball!
Basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball, basketball.
More basketball.
Yawn.
Yesterday was basketball, all day basketball.
From 8:30 in the morning to 9 at night!
Okay, I did some laziness drills somewhere in middle of all that but I fell asleep with basketball and woke up to basketball.

























Did I mention I went to basketball on Thursday and Friday too?
Interesting observation: only girls want to take sports pictures.
I wonder why that is?
Okay, I had a couple of boys take some football and basketball, but for the most part only the girls volunteer to go out and take pictures.
Which is sort of a good thing since it frees me up to do some other stuff besides game photos:

















The varsity team cheering on the junior varsity.
Sports photography is challenging and that's the part I like.
I mean you never know what you're going to get and when you do get that nice image it's very rewarding.
Lately though I've been looking for some other way to capture the game.
Luckily with the girls taking game pics I can experiment a bit:

















Instead of freezing the action I'm working on capturing the speed of the game.
Take the color out and it's not too bad:

















I wasn't in exactly a good position as someone was sitting in the sweet spot.
Got to get rid of that perspective creeping in but it's sort of what I'm after.
Anyways, thankfully today there's no basketball so I can turn my focus to other things.
Get it? my focus? photography?
Nevermind.
I got some new stuff to test out today so I'm a making some plans and a getting myself ready.
Right after I eat breakfast:

























Okay, after I eat that I'll probably have to force myself to do some serious laziness drills.
Long laziness drills.
If you know what I mean.
You know them carrots are the sort of the same color as basketballs.

No comments: