Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Miskalaineous Chatter

The weathers been sort of funky this last few days.
Rain in the morning followed by unpredictable clouds or brilliant sunshine in the afternoon.
Today it was back to normal; typical sunny day.
So I got all spandexed up and hit the road.
Kailua Beach Park is a staple of my route and every time I go through on the way to Lanikai I see this:



They are usually parked near the pavilion but now for the summer I guess they have a permit for the boat ramp.
It's difficult not to succumb to the aroma of butter garlic shrimp and stop off for a bite. I keep promising myself that I'm going to make it there one day before summer ends.
Well summer is almost over so I'll have to sample the shrimp soon:



One problem we have here is coconut trees and falling objects(coconuts).
I suppose the city and the state spend tons of money trimming all the coconuts so that they don't fall on people and property.
It's also something you have to take care of if you have a coconut tree in your yard:



You can either hire a tree service or be like that guy and just tackle the problem yourself.
I'd hire a service; that tree was pretty tall:



Seriously, that's the kind of stuff you do with a friend so that if you kill yourself there's always someone there to tell the story.
It's also close to Lahaina Noon!
The shadows are almost directly under my bike:



Okay, that's not a very good image.
I'll try again tomorrow.
I felt pretty good on my ride today.
My legs are bit weak though as all that work I've doing on cadence seems to have tapped some strength. I think it's time to get out of the small gears and go back to my usual gearing and see if I've improved any.
It's only been a month so I don't expect a huge difference. I know it's easier to keep the revs up, I just don't know if it equates to faster overall speeds.
I've also changed my dialysis days so I have to reconfigure my overall schedule.
It sort of sucks for once work starts up I can only ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the week.
I do get Saturday and Sunday off so I'm hoping I can do more clay stuff on the weekends.
Speaking of pots, I'm off to get some potting soil and stuff so I can transplant those cactus things.
We'll see if I have green thumb.
Or not.

No comments: