Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Early Edition

Yesterday was one of those wacky days where nothing really goes as planned.
If you actually have plan.
Which I did not.
Have a plan that is.
I started off by going to the local food storage facility to get some provisions:



I drove there for I had visions of me pulling a Ed Harris in Pollack; crashing on my bike and destroying all my cream sodas.
The thing is, when I got to the store, I took a look around and realized it was a beautiful day, almost cloudless.
So I got home, put away the provisions and got on the Barn Door for a short ride.
I need to get back home to work on glazing some stuff.
I did manage to catch a picture of some people on the ridge above Lanikai, hiking up towards the pillboxes:




As you can see by the pictures, the weather turned pretty quickly.
This was about forty minutes into my ride.
It's been sort of hot and muggy here recently.
Nice riding weather for the winds have been on the mild side, not the usual gale force breezes that push you off your line.
One business combats the humidity using those mist thingys:



I've never sat on the lanai there, so I don't know if it really works.
Looks cool though.
Get it? Looks cool?
Nevermind.
So anyways, sometimes you get in a funk and all your hard work glazing is for naught.
Usually it happens when you are just trying to get things out and you rush or don't think the process through.
Like yesterday.
Everything I did seemed like a good idea, at the time.
What I got was a mediocre/bad glaze fire:




I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I glazed that bowl!
I may have to take the ole Quality Control Hammer(QCH) to that thing.
To be fair, half that stuff was refired for I wasn't too happy with the way the colors came out the first time.
I tried to layer some glaze over the original colors, but I guess the glaze was too thin for in some cases you cannot see any difference, or the difference is way too subtle.
Those green things in the top actually have a coat of black on them and that red one on the bottom is supposed to have some yellow on it.
I'll fire them again, probably tonight, for I still have to finish up these:



I'll get to them when I get back from my ride.

No comments: