Thursday, July 1, 2010

One More Pull!

I made some smaller planters this morning.
After looking at the cactus plants I got and looking at the earlier planters I did, I decided it was sort of wishful thinking. I mean the first set of planters were pretty large.
Maybe I could put two cacti in one pot or something.
Anyways, I made some bottle thingys first:



I have to admit, I sort of struggled there.
Definitely not in peak form.
Still, I soldiered on and did four smaller planter thingys.
Caught on tape:



The audio was disabled, thanks to YouTube.
Sort of boring without the music.
I guess you have to add your own sound track if you are following along at home.
That was the first one I did.
I ran into a bit of trouble on the third one.
Famous last words, "one more pull!"



Oh yeah baby! I still got it!
Okay, not really.
I shouldn't have gotten into trouble in the first place. One more pull up and I almost dropped it.
Thankfully, I sort of saved it.
This is a good example of the clay controlling the potter.
I mean it's an okay pot and all, but it's what the clay let me make.
As opposed to me controlling the form.
So anyways, I loaded up a bunch of stuff in the kiln and I'll set it off tonight when I get home.
Then I can sit back and watch this:



I saw this so long ago, the only thing I remember about it was that I saw it.
I liked it.
I think.

2 comments:

dogimo said...

Let me know how that goes! I still have not seen that film. Everyone says it's approaching legendary!

limom said...

I posted up a review.