Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Final: Epic Day Part I

I didn't plan for it to happen this way.
Really.
It just sort of did.
I did a quick warm up lap around Kailua, then headed on out.
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto:



Bellows Air Force Base, where they are holding RIMPAC exercises and selling huli-huli chicken:



What's this?
Equestrians?
No, polo!




Still a long way to go.
Luckily, there's Keneke's along the way:




Okay, I gotta stop for some pasteles.
I guess they are like tamales.
Or something:




My objective is in sight!
Makapu'u lighthouse!
I just gotta make it around the corner.




Finally!
The trail to the Makapu'u lighthouse used to be closed but so many people were hiking it anyway, they made a park out of it.
I've never been up the trail:




Looks easy enough, right?
Part II coming up.

No comments: