Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Cactus Update!

You know when I first started this cactus thing, I thought it was going to be pretty easy.
I mean plant some seeds, add water, watch em grow.
Well it's been more like watching paint dry.
The neobuxbaumia is doing great:



I may have to transplant those little ones soon. I think I'll give them another couple of weeks before setting them up on their own.
Some of my second plantings have caught up with the first bunch:



That's the cleistocactus strausii.
The agave looks okay too:



Not too sure about that tall one, you know what they say about over achievers.
I'd show you the Saguaro; check back with me in about ten years.
The eulychina breviflora is really taking off:



For some odd reason, I can't seem to get the opuntia to start. That's the flat sort of cactus. I got this coming out, but I'm not sure if it's cactus or some weed that got in the potting mix:



I'm hoping it's some kind of cactii.
I also took part of the wild alien cactus, which I think is peanut cactus, and tried to make a starter:




It doesn't look promising, but I'll give it another couple of weeks.
If that wild alien cactus grows any larger, it could be a great coffee mug tree!
My cactus army is taking a bit longer than expected to assemble, but it's coming along.
Soon, very soon now, I'll be making my move!
Be there.
Aloha.

No comments: