Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Huff and Puff

Finally.
I mean it's been a while.
With all this clay stuff going on, I haven't really had a chance to get out and ride the ole two wheeler.
So this morning, after watching me some Law & Order, I pumped up the tires and hit the road.
Took a bit to get the legs going, as a matter of fact, I don't they ever really got going they way I was a huffing and a puffing my way around Kailua.
It's been like two weeks, two weeks! since I've done my regala ride around and it felt just like well, being home.
If you know what I mean.
City and country crew putting up friendly signage:



Thanks for the thought guys, but I'm not sure anyone actually pays attention to those things.
I didn't step on the gas today, it was more like a let's get reacquainted ride, but my legs felt tired even though my heart rate stayed on the low side.
In fact, I couldn't get my HR up, my legs would start to give out first!
I gave up and decided to just do a fat burner, cadence and speed be damned.
Besides, I had to stop off and see what was up at the beach.
The state is going to start to move some sand around, to make up for some beach erosion, but I have no idea what's going on here:



Seems like them lifeguards are getting ready for some kind of attack.
Attack of the tourist brigades.
Or something.
Maybe I was getting tired cause of the wind, but it didn't seem like it was blowing that hard.
It was blowing hard enough for these dudes:



Actually the sight of them kite surfer folks should be like an anemometer reading for these folks are never around on calm days.
Some of the tourist brigade trying to windsurf:



I stood there and watched the guy get up and fall a few times, but it started to remind me of me and my zero mph crashes.
At least he falls in the water and not some parking lot asphalt.
Mr. Ciocc taking a break in the shade:



That's the Mediterranean in the background.
Okay, not really.
It could be though.
Sort of.

No comments: