Saturday, April 7, 2012

Long Day

Well it's finally taking off.
I think.
That Something Wonderful(SW) thing that I can't talk about.
Yet.
I'll be able to talk about it soon, I think, but for now since it's all over the place and we haven't exactly got commitments, it's all hush hush.
Top Secret.
Don't you know.
I will tell you this: it's going to be wonderful.
Oh wait.
I already said that.
I will tell you this: it's going to take a lot to get this off the ground.
Part of the reason I can't/won't talk about what I'm doing is that it involves some other like minded folks and well, even when you got a bunch of like minded folks working on something like minded, they all don't think alike.
If you know what I mean.
Then we got some politicos involved and this being an election year, anything can happen.
Then again, since we got politicos involved, maybe nothing will happen.
I mean we've been talking about this wonderful thing for like three months or so and today, finally today! it felt like something got done.
Still, we're not ready to really begin to move forward.
Okay, lemme just say that closing off a street is about the same as moving a mountain; it can be done it just takes a while.
This isn't counting the cops.
Which you need to close off a street, not move a mountain.
I mean Law Enforcement Officers.
I have to say that despite moving slowly, everyone involved remains upbeat, even though the clock is ticking and we are nearing our launch date.
It's still far away, but there's like a GAGILLION things that need to be done and the faster we do it well, you get the idea.
If you, the reader, have been following this once a month saga of Something Wonderful(SW), you know that I got involved mainly to see the process.
I was interested in seeing exactly what goes on and what it takes to put Something Wonderful(SW) like this on.
Now I know.
More than I want to.
I think.
See the person who sort of instigated this whole thing, well something came up and now the time required to make Something Wonderful happen just isn't there.
So enter moi.
Slowly but surely I have been taking a lead on this, mainly because no one else is stepping up to the proverbial plate, and I for one, want to see Something Wonderful(SW) come to fruition.
I feel myself reluctantly moving into a lead position.
I say reluctantly, for it's a pretty large job with some real responsibility.
On the other hand, that's the sort of thing I'm kinda built for.
We'll see if I can part some seas and lead them to the promised land, or if I just crack under the pressure and wilt like well, let's not talk about wilting.
Yet.
Okay, so we'll see how Something Wonderful goes.
Meanwhile, I got a kiln to set up.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

I'm sure that the only wilting will be anyone who gets in the way of SW. Good on ya!

limom said...

Like Gene Kranz said:
failure is not an option.
Maybe.